“Always take a chance on better, even if it seems threatening.”
We need someone brilliant to join our award-winning team of creative misfits and adventurers.
You’ll probably come from an illustration, design or motion graphics background. But, you might surprise us. We like to be surprised.
You’ll get to work across all departments – strategy, design, motion, content, film, interactive and more – using your creative brain, conceptual thinking and visual flair to develop, improve and deliver world-class work for international clients.
We don’t work on fluff. We like working on big, challenging projects that make a positive impact, whether we’re using design and psychology to help reduce global drink driving rates, or creating animations to explain how the brain works.
So, if you’re happy churning out 100s of banner ad variations or finding shiny new ways to sell sugar water, then this probably isn’t the role for you.
- Love what you do. Seriously, we can tell.
- Can express an idea verbally. Create excitement.
- Can express an idea in writing. Words are magic.
- Understand basic coding process and purpose.
- Are committed to honing your craft. “Craft is what we are expected to know; art is the unexpected use of our craft.”
- Care about the details, but don’t get bogged down in the little things.
- Are not intimidated by a blank piece of paper, screen or whiteboard.
- Believe that ideas can come from anywhere, but that creativity is a muscle: the more you use it, the better your ideas.
- Know that ideas are fragile. You need to fight to protect them.
- Love working across different disciplines, bringing teams together to create a fusion that’s greater than the sum of its parts.
- Care about how things work.
- Care about how people actually use products and platforms. UX experience very useful.
- Can create illustrations and designs – even if only for guidance purposes.
- Are equally happy getting on with producing mood boards, designs, storyboards…
- Believe that there’s no such thing as a dull brief.
- Are stupidly interested in…everything.
- Know your way around Adobe design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD etc.)
- Are probably good with a pen, though if pixels are your thing, that’s cool.
- Can build on others’ ideas, come up with your own concepts, and are not afraid to stick up for your ideas.
- Know how to use feedback to improve and grow.
- Surface. You think a lot about how and why something works.
- Typical. We like individuals. That doesn’t mean you have to be loud and wacky. Just happy being yourself.
- A monster. We are nice people who do great work. Egomaniacs need not apply.
A note about Covid
As a team we are currently working remotely, with the wider vision of re-opening the studio for use as a ‘destination, not an obligation’. A place for creative collaboration when you, your team or the project requires it.
Dependent upon experience.
Deadline for applications
Applications for this role are now closed.